Wednesday 25 March 2009

Hunger Pangs

Back from Malta and I stand on the scales. Oops, I’m into previously uncharted territory here. I’ve never weighed so much in all my life.

I suppose it was all those monster breakfasts (well my daily routine only included eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and hash browns washed down with healthy juices and fruit salad, and just a little maltese bread with marmalade, and of course those miniature croissants...), and a little lunch each day (the burger and chips were served with healthy green salad), and then we used to save ourselves for dinner (a restaurant called Zest was particularly appreciated) interrupting our fast only for the arrival of a maid at around 6.00pm carrying a basket of Lindt chocolates for the hungry hotel guests.

Ouch! And I even went easy on the booze. I had no gin for a week, just a respectable quantity of Guinness (considering that I was watching a rugby international at the time), the odd brandy and a daily sampling of the local Cisk beer and local wines. It must have been the nuts on the flight out where I went wrong.

Anyway, I’m now trying to abide by some sort of regime in order to shed a few stone. I’m “walking the block” each day – attempting to keep my pace-rate to over one hundred per minute. I’m only partaking of alcohol when in company (a few pints of Badger with the father of my most recent grandchild on Sunday, a gin and a bottle of wine with my Mum on her 92nd birthday on Monday, etc.). I’m taking Special K each morning, eating sensibly, and haven’t had a packet of Marmite crisps for days now.

A further report will be issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment