Saturday 4 July 2009

Air Rage

The wise and sensible daughter will have none of my moaning. If another passenger on our charter flight to Cyprus suffers from a severe nut allergy then it is fine by her for the eating of peanuts to be banned for all 250 passengers.

The Rumbling Nappa thinks otherwise. Monarch Airlines he reckons should have placed the unfortunate passenger inside a sealed plastic bubble until the plane landed at Paphos. The eating of peanuts on airplanes is a basic human right – specially on charter flights.

What if I suffered from leprosy? Would Monarch have given me a couple of rows to myself and forbidden passengers to go to the loo in case they touched me? Bah, I’m getting old and curmudgeonly, and just a bit unchristian. The daughter is right, I should loosen up.

Needless to add that as soon as we had boarded the return flight to Gatwick a week later than the inevitable announcement came from the cabin crew, “As we have a passenger on board who suffers from a severe nut allergy...”.

No comments:

Post a Comment